Welcome to the first Sports Geek Podcast for 2017!
On this week’s episode Sean catches up with J.W. Cannon, Senior Project Lead – Sponsorships and Events at UPS and Co-Founder of #SBChat.
On this podcast you’ll learn about:
- How the sponsorship game has changed over the years
- Some of J.W.’s most memorable sponsorship activations
- How digital has changed sponsorship but fundamentals remain
- Where #SBChat began and why you should at least lurk
- J.W.’s advice on those wanting to break into the #sportsbiz industry
- How my new basketball tracks my shooting percentage
Resources from the podcast
- Thanks again to J.W. Cannon, connect with him on Twitter @CannonJW, Linkedin and Instagram
- Articles of interest
- Other podcasts that may interest you:
- Have you signed up for weekly Sports Geek News?
- Have you joined the world’s largest #SportsBiz Slack Community?
- Looking for a new gig? Sign up for Sports Geek Job Alerts
Some tweets you may have missed
— J.W. Cannon (@cannonjw) January 7, 2017
Very clever Heineken
— J.W. Cannon (@cannonjw) December 22, 2016
What are my stats?
— Sean Callanan (@seancallanan) January 6, 2017
How to subscribe to Sports Geek Podcast
Thanks for the review on iTunes
Perfect Podcast for Sports Industry Professionals and Students!
in iTunes by Aussie_Duck from USA on November 8, 2016
Every episode brings a unique perspective to the sports industry and the digital evolution of sports marketing. Sean brings in industry leaders from a broad range of disciplines and this podcast is one of the best ways to stay on top of the newest and best developments in sports business.