This week’s Harf Time segment focused on Super Bowl XLVII between the Baltimore Ravens an San Francisco 49ers.
The game was played at the Mercedes-Benz Superdome in New Orleans and it, as well as Beyoncé’s half time show, nearly broke the internet.
Beyoncé’s half time show
Superstar Beyoncé performed during half time of the game and if Twitter is anything to go by, performed well. Her show generated 268,000 Tweets per minute according to USA Today.
Facebook published a blog that tracked all of their stats from the Super Bowl, including the fact that Beyoncé’s mentions jumped an unbelievable percentage during her show.
Twitter released a great blog post of the Super Bowl which gave excellent insights into Tweets per minute, showing some truly astronomical numbers. Some of the highlights mentioned in the post are:
- Power outage: 231,500 Tweets per minute (TPM)
- 108-yard kickoff return for Ravens TD by Jacoby Jones: 185,000 TPM
- Clock expires; Ravens win: 183,000 TPM
- Jacoby Jones catches 56 yard pass for Ravens TD (end of 2nd quarter): 168,000 TPM
- Frank Gore TD for 49ers: 131,000 TPM
Twitter’s great Ad Scrimmage has a page where all the Super Bowl commercials can be watched and voted for by clicking on the hashtag button attached to each ad.
Until Next Week
Get the Sports Geek podcasts