John McCauley holds a unique role in sports working at MLSE (Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment) he oversees teams in multiple leagues (NHL,NBA & MLS) and sports stadiums (Air Canada Center) in Marketing, CRM, Digital Media and business development, that is a MASSIVE job. Sean caught up with John to discuss it.
On this Sports Geek Podcast you will learn:
- How John’s role has changed over the years
- The advantages of running multiple teams
- How mobile is changing and how John is leveraging mobile in stadium
- Why the scoreboard needs to promoted as a second screen
- Should you be on Tinder…. as a team?
- What is the next social network? Is there a next social network?
- Regional networks when thinking global
- How the #WeTheNorth campaign was fast tracked by Raptors
Resources from the podcast
- Connect with John McCauley on Twitter (@JohnMcCauley) and on Linkedin
- Connect with team John works with
- Toronto Maple Leafs (NHL) – Facebook, Twitter (@MapleLeafs) Instagram (@TorontoMapleLeafs)
- Toronto Raptors (NBA) – Facebook, Twitter (@Raptors), Instagram (@theTorontoRaptors)
- Toronto FC (MLS) – Facebook, Twitter (@TorontoFC ), Instagram (@TorontoFC)
- Toronto Marlies – Facebook, Twitter (@TorontoMarlies), Instagram (@TorontoMarlies)
- More info on #WeTheNorth as explained by Tim Leiweke
- Follow the Asian Cup on Twitter (@AFCAsianCup) on Instagram and Facebook
- Grab your ticket to @SEATConference
- Contact Sean if you’re interested in the pre-SEAT trip taking in sports in Seattle, Portland & San Francisco
- Like SEAT on Facebook and follow @SEATconference on Twitter.
- Have you signed up for weekly Sports Geek News?
#WeTheNorth – Toronto Raptors
Posts from John McCauley you may have missed
#WeTheNorth Raptors are Canada
— John McCauley (@JohnMcCauley) January 14, 2015
Second screen as discussed on the podcast, using the scoreboard to engage fans
— John McCauley (@JohnMcCauley) January 2, 2015
On Google Raptors are doing OK
— John McCauley (@JohnMcCauley) December 20, 2014
Vote Kyle Lowry for #NBABallot
— John McCauley (@JohnMcCauley) January 12, 2015
Leafs fans are everywhere…