FIXED AUDIO – Congratulation to Seattle Seahawks we look back at the Super Bowl from a digital point of view and how advertisers and teams tackled the big day. We chat with Craig Morris from Tennis Australia on Sports Geek Podcast about the AO Blitz to connect tennis players with the Australian Open.
A special congrats to Kenton Olson and Chip Suttles from Seahawks, enjoy it makes all the hard work worth it!
On this podcast you’ll find out about:
- Why advertisers released adverts before the Super Bowl
- How New York used social media for customer service throughout Super Bowl week
- Why the Empire State Building kept changing colour all week
- Why sports fans thought JC Penney was drunk
- How Tennis Australia got 25% of a whole town playing tennis
- Why Novak Djokovic wanted to catch a tram to Parkes NSW
- How Jerry Seinfeld dominated Super Bowl Half Time
- What size images you should use for best results on Twitter
Like this episode? please leave a review in iTunes.
Resources from the episode
- Super Bowl Concierge Service – NYC on customer service alert
- Is Social Media killing off Super Bowl ads?
- Nice #SuperBowl activation by @Verizon with Empire State Building
- Review of Super Bowl adverts from Ad Week
- Was JC Penney drunk tweeting?
- Story behind Phil Jackson’s first tweet
- Jerry Seinfeld and George Constanza reunited
- Connect with Craig Morris on Linkedin
- Check out AO Blitz website and on Facebook, Twitter (@AOBlitz) and Instagram (@AOBlitz)
- Great support from players like Stan Wawrinka thanking fans here and Novak Djokovic giving Parkes some love on Instagram
- Connect with Kenton Olson on Twitter (@KentonO) and on Linkedin and listen to our chat before NFC Championship game #34
- Like Seahawks on Facebook, follow @Seahawks on Twitter and@Seahawks on Instagram
- Great article on image dimensions for Facebook by Jon Loomer
- Sound of the game from Seahawks Instagram soon after the Super Bowl
- Ep #37 dedicated to 2014 Australian of the Year and Sydney Swans legend Adam Goodes who wears 37 with distinction (@adamroy37)
- On Android, we have fixed the RSS feed – http://sportsgeekhq.com/android
- Have you signed up for weekly Sports Geek News?
Social Media Post of the Week
Nice work by Kenton Olson and his team putting together this video on Facebook to recap the special day for fans.
Send in your nominations for best social media post of the week – Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Vine… for whatever reason fan engagement, sponsorship activation, cool content….
Facebook Vs Twitter at the Super Bowl
Closing 2 Cents
Listening via iTunes?
Subscribe to the Sports Geek Podcast in iTunes, if you liked the episode please leave a review on iTunes and help spread the word on your networks. Thanks in advance.
Follow Sports Geek on Soundcloud, all episodes available.