On this week’s podcast we chat with Shane Harmon CEO of Westpac Stadium on crowds, stadiums & technology and #sportsbiz. Shane is a sports business lifer and is CEO of Westpac Stadium in Wellington, if you’re not following @ShaneHarmon then you just aren’t doing it properly. Later in the podcast I chat with Al Crombie on ABC Grandstand about new sports digital collaboration called 120 sports.
On this podcast you’ll find out about:
- What it is like moving from team/event side to stadium side of sports business?
- What are the key issues stadiums are facing around the world
- Why the world uses New Zealand as a beta platform and to see upcoming trends.
- How stadiums can leverage social media for customer service
- What is the next steps for connected stadium?
- How Shane keeps up to date on all things #sportsbiz using Flipboard
- Why would MLB, NBA & NHL collaborate on digital?
- What is 120 sports and why is video so important?
- How did fans respond to Luis Suarez Adidas promotion?
- What do the Wiggles have to do with World Cup?
Resources from the episode
- Follow @ShaneHarmon on Twitter and connect with him on Linkedin
- Follow Shane Harmon’s Sports Business Today on Flipboard
- Also on Flipboard “Sports Geek flips out”
- Follow @WestpacStadium on Twitter and like Westpac Stadium on Facebook and check out WestpacStadium.co.nz
- Premier League games at Westpac Stadium as discussed on the podcast
- Good interview with Shane when he started at Westpac Stadium “Walking into the ring of fire”
- Take Shane’s advice and follow @rscibetti, @briangainor and @louimbriano
- Check out 120Sports.com for latest 2 minute sports video follow @120Sports on Twitter and FB.com/120Sports
- Adidas removing Luis Suarez from World Cup campaign
- Follow @SEATConference on Twitter and Instagram and like SEAT on Facebook
- Listen to podcast in out SEAT 2014 Sponsor Series
- Thanks to Dave Burtenshaw for Sounds of the Game from FA Cup Final as he discussed on ep 50
- Connect with all guests of the podcast and check out the podcast archive
- Thanks for iTunes reviews in Australian iTunes and USA iTunes.
- Have you signed up for weekly Sports Geek News?
Last time I caught up with Shane at MLB in Sydney
Well done to The Wiggles
Don’t miss SEAT 2014!
Attendance for SEAT 2014 is up 60% from last year. Hope to see you there.
If you want to connect with sports executives then Miami is the place to be, secure your registration now.
Everyone else was having fun deciding where LeBron would go over the summer, the SEAT intern team joined in the fun.
Listening via iTunes?
Subscribe to the Sports Geek Podcast in iTunes, if you liked the episode please leave a review on iTunes and help spread the word on your network. Thanks in advance.