Recorded this Sports Geek Podcast from the couch as the achilles is on the mend, this week we chat to Travis LoDolce from Oakland Athletics how the activated fans and local sponsors with a Grant Balfour #GnomingAround promotion. We also look at the Socceroos qualifying for World Cup and at the Samsung Stadium activation for the Wallabies Lions Tour.
Thanks again for the feedback, tag your tweets #SGP, check them out on Sports Geek Podcast page.
More specifically, in this podcast you’ll find out about:
- The difference between bobblehead and gnome for MLB promotion
- How the A’s used Twitter to raise awareness for Father’s Day game
- How the A’s measured the social media efforts of the #GnominAround campaign
- How many followers the @Socceroos gained when then qualified for World Cup
- Did HG Nelson have a Oprah moment?
- How the Samsung Stadium could improve social interaction
- A review of the different style of Twitter Ads available for sports teams
Thanks for helping us be profiled in New & Noteworthy in iTunes and we’ve passed the 1500 downloads mark and over 30 countries.
If you could leave a review on iTunes and share the podcast with your networks it would be greatly appreciated.
Resources from the episode
- Find Travis LoDolce on Twitter (@TravisLoDolce) and Linkedin and here is his office
- The #GnominAround page and #GnomingAround Map on Oakland A’s website
- Previous podcast with Robert Squillacioti on the Socceroos
- Catch ABC Grandstand segment based on SGP episode 4 with George Rose
- Check out Samsung Stadium and HG’s tweet (and @Oprah reference)
- Follow @QantasWallabies and keep an eye on @IzzyFolau during #LionsTour
- Info on Promoted Tweets on Twitter
- Sounds of the game thanks to Melbourne Rebels
On iTunes? Subscribe to the Sports Geek Podcast in iTunes, if you liked the episode please leave comment or rating.
Thanks for tuning in, I’d love your feedback in the comments or send me a tweet @seancallanan