In episode 4 of the Sports Geek Podcast I catch up with Manly Sea Eagles and NRL player George Rose to get an athlete point of view on social media and his take on the current social media discussion on racism. We also go back in the ABC Grandstand archives as Francis Leach and I chat to Chris Zeppenfeld from the Charlotte Bobcats about CRM and ticket sales.
Thanks again for the feedback, tag your tweets #SGP I’ve included some of your feedback on the Sports Geek Podcast page.
More specifically, in this podcast you’ll find out about:
- What rules George applies to his social media to stay out of trouble
- How Ricky Gervias handles trolls and if that works for athletes
- How social media is playing a significant role in the racism debate in Australia
- How social media can help develop an athlete’s sponsorship profile
- Why CRM is so important for selling tickets in NBA
- How the Charlotte Bobcats use the 360 degree view of fans for ticket sales
Download the episode here
- Find George Rose on Twitter (@gorgeousgrose) and Facebook and Instagram (@gorgeousgrose)
- Follow @RickyGervias to see how he handles trolls however sometimes he has to calm them down
- Here was Adam Goodes’ (@adamroy37)response on Twitter after being racially abused by a young fan (over 4000 RTs)
- Link to the Adam Goodes press conference on Saturday
- Eddie McGuire’s unfortunate comments on his breakfast show (includes audio)
- Harry O’Brien’s (@harry_o) strong reply to Eddie’s comments via Twitter (over 1110 RTs)
- Link to original discussion with Chris Zeppenfeld on ABC Grandstand
- Find Chris Zeppenfeld on LinkedIn
- SEAT Conference in Kansas City with CIO, CRM and Digital tracks in August – http://sportsgeekhq.com/seat2013
Podcast gets Made for TV treatment
This podcast was picked up by ABC 24 to profile George Rose and athletes using social media.
Subscribe Sports Geek Podcast
On iTunes? Subscribe to the Sports Geek Podcast in iTunes, if you liked the episode please leave comment or rating.
Thanks for tuning in, I’d love your feedback in the comments or send me a tweet @seancallanan