On this week’s podcast, Sean recaps a very successful #SEATLondon. He also catches up with Richard Ayers, the CEO of digital performance accelerator, Seven League and The Football League’s Andy Dodd.
On this Sports Geek Podcast you will learn:
- Why you need to attend SEAT Conferences, it’s all about collaboration!
- How Richard started out in sports and founded Seven League
- Why it’s not about ‘fan engagement’ but more about ‘fan’s engagement’
- Importance of dark social
- The most helpful app you’ll need if you’d like more control of your digital footprint
- Why you need a digital marriage counsellor
- Why, from a league point of view, staying neutral isn’t always the best way to go
- How Football League manages to engage fans of 72 teams
- Why the #OwnTheArch campaign was so successful for Football League
Resources from the podcast
- Connect with Richard on Twitter (@richardayers) and on LinkedIn
- Connect with Seven League on Twitter (@7League) or via their website
- Info on Valencia’s experiments with WhatsApp sharing as discussed with Richard
- Connect with Andy Dodd on LinkedIn and on Twitter (@_AndyDodd)
- Connect with The Football League on Twitter (@Football_League) on Facebook or their website
- Check out the #OwnTheArch campaign
- Join #SportsBizMelb to connect with Melbourne’s sports business community
- Check out Russell Scibetti’s #SBWeek
- Grab your ticket to @SEATConference
- Contact Sean if you’re interested in the pre-SEAT trip taking in sports in Seattle, Portland & San Francisco
- Like SEAT on Facebook and follow @SEATconference on Twitter
- Join Sean at Social Media Marketing World in San Diego
- Have you signed up for weekly Sports Geek News?
Sports Geek Podcast shoutout
Thanks to SGP listener Sean Ritchie for the shoutout on the NBL Canada playoffs telecast. The challenge has been set, who will be next?
Posts from #SEATLondon you may have missed
Listen to this podcast to find out what Sean said next.
— David Jones (@davidjones) March 17, 2015
The @SportsGeekShoes for #SEATLondon
— Sports Geek (@SportsGeek) March 17, 2015
Bob Jordan was excellent as always
— Liz Albert (@socialmediamvn) March 17, 2015
Great tweeting from Callum all day
— Callum MacGregor (@CmacCRM) March 17, 2015
This was a fun panel
— Winners CRM 🏆 (@WinnersCRM) March 17, 2015
Richard missed out Pearse was a highlight, a future podcast guest for sure.
— Richard Ayers (@richardayers) March 17, 2015
And yes I did ask Mike Gatting about THAT BALL
— SEAT Conference (@SEATconference) March 17, 2015
What we do
Sports Geek Podcast by the numbers
Join Sean at #SEATLondon and #SBWeek
Join Sean at SEAT in San Francisco, it will be the best SEAT yet.
Deep dive technology tour of Levi’s Stadium, 2 full days of excellent panels & keynotes and get to network with the very best in the sports business. Over 100+ sports teams expected to be in attendance.
Don’t forget special offer for first time attendees from Australia & New Zealand, closing soon.