Pieter Maenhout works with the Royal Belgium Football Association as the Fan Relationship Manager as a fan is more than a customer.
On this Sports Geek Podcast you will learn:
- Why Pieter works in a FRM not a CRM
- The difference between a customer and a fan
- Why UEFA is so focussed on fans, including using fan boards so they have their day
- How digital and marketing were developed as the Belgium Red Devils players developed
- Importance of marketing being connected with players
- Success of Belgium Challenges campaign to connect fans with players
- Why the fan’s passion resulted in a town called Yellow to be renamed Red
- What was the focus of Belgium Red Devils during World Cup?
- What is your Belgiumised name? A great way to connect with fans around the world
Resources from the podcast
- Connect with Pieter Maenhout on Twitter (@PieterM23) and on Linkedin
- Check out Royal Belgium Football Association – http://www.fotball.no/
- Belgium Red Devils on Facebook, @BelRedDevils on Twitter and @BelgiumRedDevils on Instagram
- Listen to Paul Greenberg chat about CRM on Sports Geek Podcast
- Grab your ticket to @SEATConference
- San Francisco 19-22 July 2015 – SPECIAL SPORTS GEEK OFFER – Australian & NZ attendees – Convince your boss with this download
- Like SEAT on Facebook and follow @SEATconference on Twitter
- Have you signed up for weekly Sports Geek News?
Posts from Belgium Red Devils
Bringing the players closer to fans via YouTube clips
— BelgianRedDevils (@BelRedDevils) June 9, 2015
Always profiling fans on all platforms
— BelgianRedDevils (@BelRedDevils) June 8, 2015
Having a strong connection with your players helps obtain content like this
— BelgianRedDevils (@BelRedDevils) June 3, 2015
Love these aftermovie recaps
— BelgianRedDevils (@BelRedDevils) April 2, 2015
Some banter between the Socceroos and Red Devils
— BelgianRedDevils (@BelRedDevils) September 3, 2014
How can we help you?
Sports Geek Podcast by the numbers
Want to be profiled at SEAT?
How to subscribe to Sports Geek Podcast
Thanks for the review on iTunes
If you love your sport, the business of sports, how technology is enhancing and changing sports, or all of the above, you’ll have to listen and subscribe to Sean’s SportsGeek podcast. Sean’s an engaging and knowledgeable thought leader on sports and how they engage with fans, through technology and in d school ways. His contact list is envious, his experience is fascinating, and his style is warm. Sign-up, press play and soak it up! MJ_Law