On this week’s episode Sean catches up with Nick Truelson, Chief Commerical Officer for the Western Bulldogs. In the “year of the underdog” in sport, Nick chats with Sean about the Bulldogs historic premiership win, ending the longest premiership drought in AFL history.
On this podcast you’ll learn about:
- How the club has changed since the first podcast I did with the Bulldogs 4 years ago
- How the final series was managed from an internal commercial point of view
- How the Bulldogs have capitalised post grand final yet still remaining a true Community Club
- Overwhelming support from Bulldog fans (and from everyone else)
- The power of the celeb fan
- 3 teams, 3 Cups, 1 club
Resources from the podcast
- Thanks again to Nick Truelson from the Western Bulldogs, connect with him on Twitter @NickTruelson and on Linkedin
- Follow the Western Bulldogs on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram
- Listen to Wil Anderson post AFL Grand Final on 2 Guys 1 Cup
- Other podcasts that may interest you:
- Have you signed up for weekly Sports Geek News?
- Have you joined the world’s largest #SportsBiz Slack Community?
- Looking for a new gig? Sign up for Sports Geek Job Alerts
- Interested in the Sports Geek Verified service? Register your details now
Some tweets you may have missed
Happy 4 week anniversary
— Nick Truelson (@nicktruelson) October 28, 2016
Fans coming out in force
May this day never end. pic.twitter.com/PBGuWA0eAX
— Western Bulldogs (@westernbulldogs) October 2, 2016
We actually did it
— Nick Truelson (@nicktruelson) October 1, 2016
A new fan
— TIM CAHILL (@Tim_Cahill) September 24, 2016
— Nick Truelson (@nicktruelson) September 24, 2016
How to subscribe to Sports Geek Podcast
Thanks for the review on iTunes
in iTunes by PeteySwim from Australia on October 26, 2016
Stumbled upon Sports Geek. Love the variety of people in the industry and topics covered. Great insight!