In this episode Sean Callanan chats with former Atlanta Hawks and NBA digital executive Micah Hart:
- What the early days of NBA Digital looked like
- How Micah was early on podcasting curve at NBA
- The perfect match of rebrand, voice & on court success lead to a special season for Hawks
- How Atlanta Hawks treat digital and a communications and entertainment channel
- Why NBA Digital family is competitive and collaborative
- Should teams share content from other sites?
- Long form vs short form – what works best and where
- Taking skills from sports to corporate world
- Storytelling is a key ingredient to digital success
Resources from the podcast
- Thanks again to Micah Hart connect with him on Twitter @micahhart and on Linkedin
- The Atlanta Hawks featured in the SI Social 100
- Did you know the Atlanta Hawks have an emoji keyboard?
- Follow the @ATLHawks on Twitter and @ATLHawks on Instagram
- Want to learn more from the NBA Digital Family? Here is some of them…
- Have you signed up for weekly Sports Geek News?
- Have you joined the world’s largest #SportsBiz Slack Community?
Some tweets you may have missed
Micah knows sports…
A: This show let Micah pretend he knows sports trivia.
— Micah Hart (@MicahHart) May 13, 2015
Fan response to emoji keyboard, best explained with gifs
— Micah Hart (@MicahHart) May 6, 2015
It is moments like this that make working in sports awesome and so worth it.
— Micah Hart (@MicahHart) March 31, 2015
Behind the scenes at Hawks with legendary Dominique Wilkins
— Micah Hart (@MicahHart) March 27, 2015
Digital & websites have come so far…
— Micah Hart (@MicahHart) March 12, 2015
Nique statue launch
— Micah Hart (@MicahHart) March 7, 2015
Sports Geek Podcast by the numbers
How to subscribe to Sports Geek Podcast
Thanks for the review on iTunes
in iTunes by Tmurdz
This is essential listening for anyone who is currently either working in the sports industry or studying sports management, especially if you’re interested in sports marketing, digital media and/or fan engagement. If you’re a marketer or advertiser and wish to connect better with sports clients, this is a great place to start! Don’t read any further, just subscribe now! The guests are fantastic and give great insights into what happens in professional teams and leagues to drive fan engagement and digital content engagement. Perspectives are global, with a diverse mix of Australia, European and American professionals. I don’t understand why you’re still reading this review, just hit subscribe! I promise that you won’t be disappointed!