On the final Sports Geek Podcast of 2013, we chat with Kim Trengove and Daniel Lattimer from Tennis Australia as they prepare for the Australia Open.
On this podcast you’ll find out about:
- What the Australian Open hope to achieve at Australian Open
- Plans for Social Shack at Australian Open
- Why Instagram is a growing platform for Australian Open
- What does Tennis Australia do for the other 50 weeks of the year
- What it is like to be on the inside when your content takes off
- Big moments from 2013 at Sports Geek
Like this episode? please leave a review in iTunes.
Resources from the episode
- Connect with Kim Trengove on Twitter (@kimtren) and on Linkedin
- Connect with Daniel Lattimer on Twitter (@dlattimer) and on Linkedin
- Check out AusOpen.com and tag it #AusOpen
- Follow Australian Open on Facebook, @AustralianOpen on Twitter @AustralianOpen on Instagram
- Details on Fan Marketplace to grab tickets for Australian Open, get them here
- Congrats to the town Kendall taking out AO Blitz
- Keep an eye out for SnappyTV highlights as discussed on episode #8 used during NRL Origin series
- Highlights from Sports Geek in 2013
- #SEAT2013 once again
- March trip to #SMMW13 and West Coast teams
- A-League activation for Manchester United All-Stars match
- Working with our great clients
- Taking part in #WarriorsLive
- Events at HONEY #BBBLaunch and #SBNight, thanks Steve
- Patron of Super Awesome Micro Project and unleashing a Lego Car on Internet
- Ep #30 dedicated to NBA Hall of Famer Bernard King.
- Thanks to Josh Rowe for Sounds of the Game from MCG
- Thanks for iTunes reviews in Australian iTunes and USA iTunes.
- Have you signed up for weekly Sports Geek News?
Australian Open Social Shack
Take a look at the finished #AusOpen Social Shack, thanks to Jessica Ivers Instagram.
Social Media Post of the Week
Send in your nominations for best social media post of the week – Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Vine… for whatever reason fan engagement, sponsorship activation, cool content….
Send me a tweet @SeanCallanan or @SportsGeek with your nominations
Closing 2 Cents
Save the date
On Tuesday January 21st we will be hosting another #SBNight at HONEY, stay tuned for event detail early in 2014, we had a great time at last year’s #SBNight. If you work in sports business in the sports capital of the world Melbourne you must attend. I’ll be interviewing a few guests and it will be a great night of networking.
Listening via iTunes?
Subscribe to the Sports Geek Podcast in iTunes, if you liked the episode please leave a review on iTunes and help spread the word on your networks. Thanks in advance.