Sean catches up with Gareth Capon, CEO of Grabyo about the power of social video. Gareth is driving the expansion of Grabyo as broadcasters wake up to the opportunities around short-form live video.
On this podcast you’ll learn about:
- How broadcasters are extending TV to social
- Refraining where social fits against TV
- Why social video content can open new opportunities for sports rights holders
- How Facebook’s Live push will drive new reach for sports
- How Grabyo is being for live and archive footage
- Importance of vertical video
- How David Beckham featured in Wimbledon’s Facebook feed
- What Twitter’s NFL deal will mean for fans, Twitter & sports.
Resources from the podcast
- Thanks again to Gareth Capon from Grabyo connect with him on Twitter @GarethCapon and on Linkedin
- Other podcasts that may interest you
- Have you signed up for weekly Sports Geek News?
- Have you joined the world’s largest #SportsBiz Slack Community?
Some tweets you may have missed
Facebook Live teaming up with Grabyo – live streaming partner
— Gareth Capon (@garethcapon) May 3, 2016
— Grabyo (@Grabyo) April 12, 2016
The start of things to come….a whole soccer game broadcast via Facebook Live
Talent-as-a-channel. Available via .@Grabyo
US Soccer superstar broadcasts whole game via Facebook Live https://t.co/IwdkBqjcKi
— Gareth Capon (@garethcapon) April 27, 2016
Interesting stats from SportAccord Convention #SAC2016
— Gareth Capon (@garethcapon) April 20, 2016
Grabyo features that you can add to your videos
— Grabyo (@Grabyo) May 3, 2016
Sports Geek Podcast by the numbers
How to subscribe to Sports Geek Podcast
Thanks for the review on iTunes
A resource: insightful, current & focused content
in iTunes by Gromosports from Germany on April 2, 2016
Tough to find more focused, specialist content at the intersection of sports (marketing) and digital/online media + technology. Diversity of guests in terms of both occupation and home-market pretty much guarantees interesting knowledge spillovers. Thanks for days on days of great content Sean