In this episode Sean Callanan chats with Federico Smanio, Head of Digital Transformation and Fan Relationship Management of Italy’s Lega Serie B. On this podcast you’ll learn about:
- Federico’s involvement in starting up Lega Serie B
- Connecting fans and the emotional connection they have to their “local” clubs
- Concentrating on developing local talent for Italian football
- Being a different player on the sporting landscape in Italy
- Fan experience and the importance of storytelling
- Sean’s take on sponsorship with a guest appearance on Inside Sponsorship
- Special offer for SEAT London on April 21-22 for Sports Geek Podcast Listeners working in sports
Resources from the podcast
- Thanks again to Federico Smanio connect with him on Twitter @federicosmanio and on Linkedin and federicosmanio on Snapchat
- Follow Federico on his blog and check out his football
- Follow Lega Serie B on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- Listen to my chat with Andy Dodd on his experience at the Football League
- Have you signed up for weekly Sports Geek News?
- Have you joined the world’s largest #SportsBiz Slack Community?
- SPECIAL OFFER – SEAT London – Claim complimentary pass to SEAT this April
Some tweets you may have missed
Learning about “lethal generosity”, Shel is a great presenter if you get a chance to hear him speak.
— Federico Smanio (@federicosmanio) December 3, 2015
GOOOOAL! Love the goal graphics.
— Lega B (@Lega_B) March 6, 2016
Some shots from a Lega B game
A return chat with Federico to come
— Federico Smanio (@federicosmanio) February 29, 2016
Sports Geek Podcast by the numbers
How to subscribe to Sports Geek Podcast
Thanks for the review on iTunes
Sports Geek Podcast
in iTunes by Lachlan Sellar from Australia on March 1, 2016
Great insights from some of the biggest names in sports administration as well as the host himself. Sean is clearly extremely passionate and knowledgable about the influence of digital in sport. A must for anyone working in sports marketing and communications.