On this week’s episode Sean catches up with Jacob Berman who works in the Global Marketing Solutions team at Facebook in Ausin to discuss how they are helping sports teams leverage fan bases to drive commercial results.
On this podcast you’ll learn about:
- The constant evolution in the Facebook ad space
- How sports teams can gain commercial results through paid spend in Facebook
- How Facebook Live and Facebook 360 are bringing fans even closer to their teams and stars
- How organic content and paid marketing go hand in hand – the better your content is, the cheaper your paid marketing will be
- Canvas Ads and Lead Ads and what the difference is
- How you can get up to speed with different ad products and why that is important.
- Launching the capability to run Lead Ads across Instagram (launching soon)
- Understanding how to use the ad platforms takes time so you need to invest in understanding the products to benefit long term
Resources from the podcast
- Thanks again to Jacob Berman from Facebook, follow him on Twitter @JaustinBerman and Instagram, Facebook and LinkedIn
- For more info on the Sports Blueprint eLearning Course Jacob spoke about
- Case Studies worth checking out (Season Tickets – Milwaukee Bucks, Miami Hurricanes, Single Game Tickets Portland Trail Blazers, Orlando Magic)
- Other Sports Geek podcast episodes you might be interested in:
Sign up for these
- Have you signed up for weekly Sports Geek News?
- Have you joined the world’s largest #SportsBiz Slack Community?
- Looking for a new gig? Sign up for Sports Geek Job Alerts
Follow Jacob on Instagram @dapperdaze
How to subscribe to Sports Geek Podcast
Thanks for the review on iTunes
Informative, interesting sports.biz discussions
in iTunes by Mmmbop86 from UK on February 1, 2017
Good interviews with a wide range of individuals from the world of sports business providing insight into the latest trends – particularly useful to those in another hemisphere! Suggest keeping to 30-40min max for best engagement. Keep up the good work