David Mackay is a Strategy Consultant in Sports, Media and Entertainment at SPP. Sean chats with David about sports business trends and building sports businesses for long-term success
On this Sports Geek Podcast you will learn:
- How big is Sports Business?
- The importance of long-term planning in sports
- Developing strong structures and frameworks for leagues and clubs
- The importance of fan (customer) experience
- How fans underpin sporting revenues
- When should sports compete and when should they collaborate
- What you can learn from other industries
- Every function thinks they’re the poor under-resourced cousin
- How you can catch up with Sean in London and San Franscisco
Resources from the podcast
- Connect with David on Twitter (@dgmackay) and on LinkedIn
- Connect with SPP via their website
- Read David’s take on Competitive Sustainability and Globalising Sport
- Join #SportsBizMelb to connect with Melbourne’s sports business community
- Check out Russell Scibetti’s #SBWeek
- Grab your ticket to @SEATConference
- Contact Sean if you’re interested in the pre-SEAT trip taking in sports in Seattle, Portland & San Francisco
- Like SEAT on Facebook and follow @SEATconference on Twitter
- Join Sean at Social Media Marketing World in San Diego
- Have you signed up for weekly Sports Geek News?
Posts from David you may have missed
Problem is success stories always promoted in media, not much coverage of all the failures. Leads to unrealistic expectations #SharkTankAU
— David Mackay (@dgmackay) February 8, 2015
A look at salary caps
Salary caps – an ethical leadership dilemma for clubs http://t.co/8GOcBEAhIb << Good read on salary cap challenges at grassroots
— David Mackay (@dgmackay) November 27, 2014
Some fun at Asian Cup
— David Mackay (@dgmackay) January 26, 2015
Completely agree on Asian Cup David.
— David Mackay (@dgmackay) February 1, 2015
What we do
Sports Geek Podcast by the numbers
Join Sean at #SEATLondon and #SBWeek
Join Sean at Lord’s in London for #SEATLondon, grab your ticket now.
Contact Sean to claim 30 minute free Sports Geek Consulting session for #SEATLondon attendees.
Attendees include Arsenal, Manchester City, Manchester United, San Francisco 49ers, Atlanta Braves, English Cricket Board, MLBAM, New York Giants, Team GB, West Ham and more.
How to subscribe to Sports Geek Podcast
Are you following Sean on Snapchat?