SEAT 2014 is not far away now, in Miami July 20-22. We catch up with Christine on progress of SEAT conference and what is planned for what will be the biggest SEAT conference yet. We chat with Ryan Jordan from Churchill Downs on how their DAS rollout with Mobilitie allowed fans to connect and use their cell phones at the famous Kentucky Derby.
On this podcast you’ll find out about:
- Who is attending SEAT 2014 in Miami
- How Christine manages the mix of attendees and sponsors for SEAT
- The growth the SEAT conference over the past few years especially in the NCAA market as well as international attendees
- The importance of the closed door sessions at SEAT and why the are vital to SEAT community.
- What problem Churchill Downs faced with large crowds and cell phone reception at big race meetings
- How the DAS solution was integrated into the Churchill Downs racecourse by Mobilitie
Resources from the episode
- See you in Miami for SEAT Conference
- Connect with Christine Stoffel on Twitter (@CBRCIO) and on Linkedin
- Join the SEAT Linkedin Group to connect with SEAT attendees
- Follow @SEATConference on Twitter and Instagram and like SEAT on Facebook
- Submit your nominations for Instadium Awards with winners to be announced at SEAT in Miami
- Connect with Ryan Jordan from Churchill Downs on Linkedin
- Like Churchill Downs and Kentucky Derby on Facebook
- Follow @ChurchillDowns and @KentuckyDerby on Twitter
- Meet Mobilitie president Christos Karmis at SEAT in Miami, connect with him on Linkedin
- Read more about Mobilitie DAS rollout at Churchill Downs at Mobile Sports Report and how it performed
- Ahead of the Kentucky Derby and Kentucky Oaks races this year, Mobilitie installed a Distributed Antenna System (DAS) that helped increase coverage for the 260,000 collective fans that were there over Friday and Saturday for the races (May 2-3, 2014)
- Listen to previous episodes about SEAT (#9 – Christine, #13 Case Studies, #14 #SEAT2013 podcast)
- Connect with all guest of the podcast and check out the podcast archive
- Sounds of the Game clip from Real Madrid game I attended on #SportsGeekTrip
- Thanks for iTunes reviews in Australian iTunes and USA iTunes.
- Have you signed up for weekly Sports Geek News?
Read more about Mobilitie
See you in Miami for SEAT 2014
As I said on the podcast I’m looking forward to seeing many podcast listeners and guests in Miami for SEAT Conference in July. Don’t forget to send in your best content and campaigns so I can profile them at #SEAT2014, email me or use contact form. If you want to connect with sports executives then Miami is the place to be, secure your registration now.
Listening via iTunes?
Subscribe to the Sports Geek Podcast in iTunes, if you liked the episode please leave a review on iTunes and help spread the word on your network. Thanks in advance.
Follow Sports Geek on Soundcloud, all episodes available.