In a long overdue chat Sean catches up with Bryan Srabian, Digital Digital Media at the San Francisco Giants about his role at the Giants and how digital has changed over the years
On this Sports Geek Podcast you will learn:
- Why winning is a great marketing strategy but you can’t bank on it
- What social media was like in the early days for Giants
- How Silicon Valley and savvy San Francisco fans pushed the Giants
- Why watching where the fans are headed on line and mobile is important
- What are the key metrics for Bryan to measure engagement
- How important the wi-fi infrastructure has been at AT&T Park
- How Bryan’s background in game entertainment helps him engage fans at the park
- Bat Kid, amazing story that the Giants were lucky to be part of
- Why social media ROI is a long game
Resources from the podcast
- Connect with Bryan Srabian on Twitter (@srabe) and on Linkedin
- Bryan joins Paul Greenberg, Kenny Lauer & Russell Scibetti on a panel to discuss “How sports has changed digital”.
- Listen to Bryan chat with former SGP guest Peter Stringer on his Media Masters podcast
- Mashable’s Sam Laird goes behind the scenes with Bryan during the MLB playoffs
- Alicia Jessop on Forbes looks at what channels Bryan drives for Giants
- Why AT&T Park stays ahead of the tech curve, nice work Bill Schlough
- Listen to Gary Vanyerchuk’s Ask Gary Vee podcast for more advice like below
- Grab your ticket to @SEATConference in San Francisco 19-22 July 2015 and SEAT London March 17 2015
- Contact Sean if you’re interested in the pre-SEAT trip taking in sports in Seattle, Portland & San Francisco
- Like SEAT on Facebook and follow @SEATconference on Twitter.
- Have you signed up for weekly Sports Geek News?
On ROI this from Gary Vanyerchuk
Posts from Bryan Srabian and Giants you may have missed
Giants staying in the news
— SFGiants (@SFGiants) December 9, 2014
Bryan tweeted this just prior to our interview and reached the 1000 RTs milestone he looks for.
— SFGiants (@SFGiants) December 8, 2014
Bryan in the thick of the action
Saw this pic of MadBum & Bochy with my photobomb. Here's the pic that I took below that. pic.twitter.com/aHnMHMGvKx
— Bryan Srabian (@srabe) December 8, 2014
Some MLB Social stats for Post season
— MLB Social (@MLBsocial) December 1, 2014
Always learn from other teams and industries, here is the Mariners activation discussed on the podcast.
— Mariners (@Mariners) December 10, 2014