Just before taking off on European Sports Geek Trip I was lucky enough to host a small sports business networking event thanks to Robert Squillacioti from FFA as Melbourne Victory faced Sydney FC in an elimination final at Etihad Stadium. A great night was had by all in attendance and I caught up with Brian Gibson who drives social media for the FFA about their plans for #ALeagueFinals. I also catch up with good friend & sports Twitter trailblazer Peter Robert Casey about his new projects to log your fan stadium journey.
Like this episode? please leave a review in iTunes.
On this podcast you’ll find out about:
- What the A-League is doing with Instagram to develop the fan story
- How much A-League fans love inforgraphics
- Why this year every Australian will know what is happening inside Socceroos camp and in Brazil
- How Peter Robert Casey broke the mould in sports journalism using Twitter
- How you can keep track of every NBA or MLB game you’ve attended
- How MLB fans differ from NBA fans
Resources from the episode
- Connect with Brian Gibson (@GibboFootball) and on Linkedin
- Follow @ALeague on Twitter, Instagram (@theAleague) and Facebook.com/ALeague
- Check out the shots from our night at #ALeagueFinals
- Listen to podcast with Rob Squillacioti (Sports Geek Podcast #6)
- Connect with Peter Robert Casey (@Peter_R_Casey) and on Linkedin
- Check out HardBallPassport.com and BBPassport.com here is my incomplete MLB Passport and NBA Passport
- Check out how I track my MLB Ballparks and NBA Stadiums at SeanCallanan.com/Goals
- Listen to Beers, Blokes & Business episode with Wil Anderson
- Subscribe to Beers, Blokes & Business on iTunes, Stitcher and SoundCloud
- Ep #46 dedicated to Jackie Robinson plays for the Montreal Royals, the AAA affiliate of the Brooklyn Dodgers, becoming the first African-American to play in organised baseball in the 20th century
- Have you signed up for Sports Geek News? You missed this last week.
Help me improve this podcast, I need your feedback.
Thanks for reviews on iTunes
See you at Digital Sport London
Thanks to Dan McLaren from UK Sports Network (and guest on ep #38) for inviting me to #DSLondon on April 22, looking forward to meeting some #sportsbiz people on my trip. Grab a ticket and I’ll see you there.
Listening via iTunes?
Subscribe to the Sports Geek Podcast in iTunes, if you liked the episode please leave a review on iTunes and help spread the word on your networks. Thanks in advance.