In this episode the tables are turned with Blair Hughes from Audio Boom interviews Sean Callanan you will learn about:
- Where Sean’s passion for sports comes from
- How Sports Geek business card idea came about
- How Sean nearly started working in sports in 1993
- Why Sean was behind the first AFL Club TV show – Bulldogs TV
- How a USA sports trip was a big reason behind #SportsGeekTrip
- A look back at Mountain West data analysis project
- Why Sean barracks for Collingwood
- How Sean secured first Sports Geek clients back in 2010
- Please count how many times Blair says Fan Engagement 😉
- How the skills of digital teams has seen Sean working more with ticketing and sponsorship teams
- How community radio helped build skills for podcasting and radio
- Why Sean is thrilled that Sports Geek clients are amongst the most avid listeners to the podcast
- Why Sean is blown away from listener emails
- Why podcasting is getting so much press right now
- How Sean is looking forward to pushes more into podcasting
- What exactly is CHUNKY media?
- Wait for Sean’s rant on fan engagement
Resources from the podcast
- Thanks again to Blair Hughes for interview connect with him on Twitter @mrblairhughes and on Linkedin
- Read more of Blair’s thoughts on Fan Engagement at MrBlairHughes.com
- Follow Blair on Snapchat mrblairhughes
- Blair works for Audio Boom, you can find Sports Geek Podcast
- Here is the Pat Flynn recipe used to get Sports Geek Podcast started, listen to more at Beers, Blokes & Business podcast
- Check out CHUNKY media and follow co-founder Steve Vallas on Twitter @stevevallas
- Have you signed up for weekly Sports Geek News?
- Have you joined the world’s largest #SportsBiz Slack Community?
From the Vault Bulldogs TV
Sports Geek Podcast by the numbers
How to subscribe to Sports Geek Podcast
Thanks for the review on iTunes
in iTunes by Luke Malcher from UK
Thank you Sean for brining together some of the most influential people in Digital Sports to share their insights, methods and opinions. Immensely informative. A fantastic podcast. Keep them coming!