Variable pricing, why are sports around the world doing it and why is it confusing fans? In a different Sports Geek Podcast I break down the AFL variable pricing for MCG and Etihad.
On this podcast you’ll find out about:
- What is variable pricing
- What is will cost you to go to a game at MCG and Etihad this AFL season
- Pricing is a process not a project
- What part demand plays in variable and dynamic pricing
- Importance of moving up value with price increases
- Which big guest will be on next episode of Beers, Blokes & Business.
Like this episode? please leave a review in iTunes.
Resources from the episode
- Prices for AFL games at MCG & Etihad
- Check out the AFL attendance figures 2013 & 2014
- MCG historical attendance figures
- Etihad Stadium historical attendance figures
- Ten pricing lessons from Jon Manning
- Connect with Jon Manning as @SansPrix or@PricingProphets and on LinkedIn or at PricingProphets.com
- “No rise in General Admission tickets for 2013”
- AFL club bosses urge the league to review the controversial variable pricing ticket system – Herald Sun
- Collingwood president Eddie McGuire says new pricing system may explain low crowd figures
- AFL Fans Association against variable pricing
- Difference between Dynamic & Variable Pricing (video)
- Is Dynamic Ticket Pricing Hurting MLB Attendance? (2012)
- Star Pitchers in a Duel? Tickets Will Cost More (2010)
- Listen to podcast with Jon Manning (Sports Geek Podcast #39 and Beers, Blokes & Business #26)
- Subscribe to Beers, Blokes & Business on iTunes, Stitcher and SoundCloud
- Ep #45 dedicated to Michael Jordan who wore 45 playing baseball, you should watch “Jordan Rides the Bus“
- Have you signed up for Sports Geek News? You missed this last week.
Sports Geek explains Variable Pricing
Bonus animated gifs…
MCG AFL 2014 Ticket Pricing
Etihad Stadium AFL 2014 Ticket Pricing
Help me improve this podcast, I need your feedback.
Thanks for reviews on iTunes
See you at Digital Sport London
Thanks to Dan McLaren from UK Sports Network (and guest on ep #38) for inviting me to #DSLondon on April 22, looking forward to meeting some #sportsbiz people on my trip. Grab a ticket and I’ll see you there.
Listening via iTunes?
Subscribe to the Sports Geek Podcast in iTunes, if you liked the episode please leave a review on iTunes and help spread the word on your networks. Thanks in advance.
Follow Sports Geek on Soundcloud, all episodes available.