On this week’s podcast I chat with Aaron LeValley from AEG Sports about how the LA Kings and LA Galaxy tackle digital and data hand in hand. In our SEAT Sponsor Series I chat will John Brams from Extreme Networks about wi-fi in stadium and their new partnership with NFL as wi-fi analytics partner.
Looking to improve your skills in social media? Come along to our Sports Geek Social Media One Day Educational on March 31st use promo code MATESRATES ($50 off).
On this podcast you’ll find out about:
- Why CRM and Digital teams work in unison at AEG Sports
- How the LA Galaxy plan to build on season ticket base
- How LA Kings used direct messaging on Twitter
- Importance of privacy as marketers get access to more data
- How LA Galaxy use marketing automation to sell more tickets
- How the wi-fi landscape has changed
- The importance of understanding each stadium has different needs and different fans
- What were people doing on their smartphones while watching the Super Bowl.
Like this episode? please leave a review in iTunes.
Resources from the episode
- Connect with Aaron LeValley on Linkedin
- Connect with LA Kings on Twitter @LAKings, Instagram @LAKings and Facebook
- Connect with LA Galaxy on Twitter @LAGalaxy, Instagram @LAGalaxy and Facebook
- Find out more about Extreme Networks – Final Four Sponsor at SEAT 2014 connect with them on Twitter (@extremenetworks) and Facebook and Linkedin
- Connect with John Brams on Linkedin
- Extreme Networks case study with Patriots Gillette Stadium
- Sounds of the Game from GWS Giants after big win against the Swans
- Previous podcasts that you might like include episode #6 LA Kings with Dewayne Hankins and episode #3 LA Galaxy with Lisa Bregman
- Don’t forget Russell Scibetti’s hosting #SBWeek around the world, find one near you to attend.
- Ep #43 dedicated to former Carlton captain Anthony Koutoufides please check out his advert below.
- Have you signed up for Sports Geek News? You missed this last week.
Join Aaron & John at SEAT2014
SEAT 2014 in Miami is a must attend event, all the best and brightest from the world of IT, CRM & Digital will be in attendance. Can you afford NOT to attend? In Miami on July 21-22 it promises to be the biggest SEAT Conference held.
Super Bowl wi-fi stats
Social Media Post of the Week
Check out Liverpool serving up great moments in comic form on Facebook.
Watch Kouta’s advert
Check out 3D Projection on court
Forgot to mention this on the wrap up on the podcast, but watch this video
Closing 2 Cents
Listening via iTunes?
Subscribe to the Sports Geek Podcast in iTunes, if you liked the episode please leave a review on iTunes and help spread the word on your networks. Thanks in advance.
Follow Sports Geek on Soundcloud, all episodes available.
See you at Sports Geek One Day Educational Social Media Workshop?
Find out how I used social media to build Sports Geek and what I teach sports teams to engage fans and sell memberships and tickets.
Use promo code MATESRATES for $50 discount promo code.
Find out more