Welcome to 2014, Sports Geek Podcast is back ready for a big year in sports digital on this week’s show we chat with Debbie Spillane on ABC Grandstand about what is ahead in 2014. In our first SEAT Partner Profile I chat with Larry Bush from Store Financial we look at how their retail experience will give sports teams the edge in 2014. I chat with Heikki Aura from Uplause in Finland about their stadium fan engagement solutions recently installed at Madison Square Garden.
On this podcast you’ll find out about:
- Why sports teams will focus on content over likes
- Will Google Glass provide killer content?
- How stadiums can engage with fans using social
- What sports teams can learn from retail loyalty programs
- Importance of engaging fans in stadium and outside stadium with Store Financial
- How Store Financial can do a one time promotion or a national event dynamically
- What does Uplause offer stadiums that usual scoreboard animations
Like this episode? please leave a review in iTunes.
- Connect with Larry Bush from Store Financial on Twitter (@LarryBushSr) and on Linkedin
- Find out more about Store Financial – Final Four Sponsor at SEAT 2014 connect with them on Twitter (@StoreFinancial1) and Facebook
- See you at #SEAT2014 in Miami
- Connect with Heikki Aura from Uplause on Twitter (@HeikkiAura) and on Linkedin
- Follow Uplause on Facebook and Twitter (@Uplause) and see examples on Flickr
- Connect with Debbie Spillane on Twitter (@debspillane)
- Roy Hibbert using Google Glass
- Twitter recap of #Ashes series using custom Timelines
- Sounds of the Game from #PinkTest at SCG
- Ep #31 dedicated to NBA Hall of Famer Reggie Miller. 8 points in 9 seconds, watch ESPN 30 for 30 Winning Time
- Thanks for iTunes reviews in Australian iTunes and USA iTunes.
- Have you signed up for weekly Sports Geek News?
Uplause at Madison Square Garden
Social Media Post of the Week
— Sydney Cricket Grnd (@scg) January 4, 2014
Send in your nominations for best social media post of the week – Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Vine… for whatever reason fan engagement, sponsorship activation, cool content….
Watch Piers Morgan facing Brett Lee
Send me a tweet @SeanCallanan or @SportsGeek with your nominations
Top Tweets using Custom Timelines
See you at #SBNight
When: 6pm January 21st
Where: HONEY Bar, 345 Clarendon Street South Melbourne
Closing 2 Cents
Listening via iTunes?
Subscribe to the Sports Geek Podcast in iTunes, if you liked the episode please leave a review on iTunes and help spread the word on your networks. Thanks in advance.